Is it time to replace the siding on your home in Baton Rouge and are curious what a siding replacement will cost? With the hail and extreme heat in the Baton Rouge area, it’s vital that your siding is durable and has long-lasting resistance against the local climate.
In this article, we’ll dive into the average new siding cost in the Baton Rouge area, common siding materials for residents, signs you should have your siding replaced, and more information about Superior Group Roofing & Design.
Siding Installation Cost in Baton Rouge
Typically, the cost of new siding in the Baton Rouge area is roughly around $80.00 per linear foot. The overall cost will depend on the condition of your existing siding, the number of windows and doors, the size of your house, and the material and style of siding that you choose.
Common Siding Materials for Baton Rouge Residents
Vinyl Siding: Affordable & Customizable
- Known for low maintenance and durability
- Protects against rot and water damage
- Wide variety of styles and colors to choose from
- Energy-efficient and eco-friendly
Composite Siding: Longevity
- Long-lasting weather resistance
- Available in many finishes and textures
- Can mimic the look of traditional wood
- Often incorporates recycled materials
Metal Siding: Resistant to harsh weather
- Known for easy installation
- Can withstand fire and heavy wind, rain, and snow
- Modern and sleek look
- Very low maintenance
Hardie Board Siding: Made to Last & Classic
- A type of fiber cement siding
- Composed of sand, cement, and cellulose fibers
- Can look resemble wood
- Often seen in classic aesthetics
Stucco Siding: Strong & Fire Resistant
- A cement plaster designed to coat ceilings and walls
- Dries into a cement-like siding
- A very durable siding option
- Available in a variety of styles and colors
LP SmartSide Siding:
- Made from engineered wood
- Each strand is treated with zinc borate, resins, and waxes
- Designed to withstand moisture and the elements
- Minimal seams for durability and aesthetic
- Easy to install and low maintenance
Is It Time to Replace Your Siding in Baton Rouge? 10 Signs
If your siding is well-maintained and properly installed, it could have a lifespan of 20 to 50 years, or more, depending on the material. Here are some signs that you should look out for that will help you determine if it’s time to have new siding installed on your home in Baton Rouge.
- Storm damage
- Dry rot
- Bubbling exterior
- Pest infestation
- Outdated color
- Increasing energy bills
- Fluctuating interior temperatures
- Peeling paint
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it’s a smart idea to call a siding professional to assess your home and make sure that your siding is effectively protecting you against the Baton Rouge climate.
Next Steps: Superior Group Roofing & Design
Ultimately, updating your siding will upgrade your home’s curb appeal, help reduce your electric bills, and protect your home against the Baton Rouge weather. We know that the process of having new siding installed seems overwhelming, but we are here to help.
Superior Group Roofing & Design is a locally owned and operated roofing company that has been serving the Baton Rouge area since 2015. At Superior Group Roofing & Design, we are committed to providing our community with high-quality, reliable, personalized, and fairly priced roofing and home improvement solutions. In addition to siding installations, we provide a variety of services that include:
- Insurance claims expertise
- Storm damage expertise
- Roof repairs
- Commercial roofing & residential roofing
- Asphalt shingle, metal, tile, slate, and shake roofing
- Gutter systems
- Exterior painting services
Reach out to us today to learn more about our services or to request a free roof inspection! You can also check our article about the average cost of roof replacement in Baton Rouge.